Clock from Mom & Dad, candles from Jill and wreath made by Tracy

Kids' maple syrup (pretty Crown Royal jar...hehe)



Jelly cupboard Dad made for me


plate rack Dad made for me


I LOVE simple things! I've never been good with details. Too much information at one time sends me into "shut down" mode, both visual and auditory. Christmas trees with too many decorations or multiple conversations at one time stress me out. That's partly why I love living in the country. The peace and quiet and the beauty, still my soul, mind and body. I also love doing simple things like making maple syrup! We've tapped only two trees in our backyard and are working on filling one jar. We are almost there. The kids find it fascinating and I find it tastey. My family knows that maple products are my favorite candy. We over-cooked one batch and made maple toffee...great mistake. So...I thought I would post a couple of "simple" things I enjoy.

Comments