Impressionism...the best form of painting ever, in my opinion. I really think I could become a famous impressionist painter :) All I have to do is make pretty blobs all over my canvas, in millions of different colors, shapes and sizes...stand back and...voila!! For someone who is no good with detail, it's perfect! My life is somewhat an impressionist painting in the making. I have an idea as to what I want the thing to look like in the end, I know what colors I like and it's fun making blobs of experiences here and there. Every once in awhile, I step back to take a look and decide where things need adjusted. How's it looking?? Anything like what I planned?? Never. Life is what happens when you are busy making plans. When I let God have control, the canvas is a true work of art. When I take over, it's just a bunch of blobs...no one is impressed.

The kids and I paint quite a bit. I hardly ever do anything but impressionism, because I'm so curious as to what it's going to look like in the end. I never worry about what I'm doing too much, I just enjoy the colors and place them in the spaces I think they should go. The kids think I'm good at it. They love the surprise at the end. The application of the idea to my life needs a little work, but God is full of surprises:

Philippians 1:6 "For I am confident of this very thing, that He who began a good work in you will perfect it until the day of Christ Jesus."

I really don't want my life to hang in a gallery for others to ponder upon and decide if they are impressed or not. I just want it to turn out the way He planned it to be...a beautiful impression to hang in His home, that brings a smile to His face whenever He looks at it.
A Monet for Jesus.



Comments