Have you ever been taking off on a plane, in the fog? You rise until you break through the clouds into this beautiful, clear, sunny paradise...feeling a bit sorry for those on the ground having to live life in the fog. I woke up this morning to a very dreary, gray day. The fog is thick, like a curtain over the bright, warming sun. I sat, talking to God about how I sometimes feel like He is somewhere behind that curtain. I know He is there. Sometimes He lets me know He is there and other times...I just trust that He is there. I know He is always good, always working and always doing what is best for those who love Him. He has made my waiting room comfortable and sheltered...grace. I've often wondered why the "Prodigal Son" Bible story never reveals how long the father had to wait for his son to come home. He doesn't want us to know. No, my oldest hasn't run away...but there are plenty of other situations waiting for the touch of the Master's hand.

Isaiah 40:30-31 "Even youths grow tired and weary, and young men stumble and fall; but those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint."

It's a "Be still and know that I am God" kind of day :)


Comments