Moral relativism...big words with big power. I've been watching clips of my "good friend" John MacArthur on Larry King Live debating issues with people from every corner of the spiritual world. I like hearing how He addresses the issues in a non emotional, pointed, relevant way. Always showing respect and love for the one opposite him. The one thing that jumped out at me was the way that he always points to the authority of scripture to form his conclusions. Everyone else says "I think..." or "In my opinion..." or "From my experience...". John says, "Jesus said..." or "The scriptures are clear..." . He asks people, "By what authority have you made that assumption?" Personal offences or disagreements are never shown on his face. His concern for the other person's understanding and joy are evident. It's refreshing!

So many people are turning to the world view of all inclusiveness and errancy of the Bible for the sake of peace and unity. I admit, life and the Christian walk would be much easier if I could do that, but that wouldn't be Jesus' way. Why on Earth would Jesus ask us to live or die for Him if His directives were not clear???? The martyrs would have died for nothing!! If everything is in the "grey" area, then we don't have to stand for anything. There would be nothing to be passionate about, no truth to live for. No wonder the color grey is so depressing. Nothing rots my socks more than Christians watering down the Word of God in the name of love. Sure, Jesus came to bring grace, to defeat legalism and to show the spirit of the law rather than the letter of the law, but the Church has thrown the spirit of the law out with the bathwater. It saddens me to see people taking His name in vain this way, but at the same time it brings me great hope and joy to see others, like MacArthur, Piper, Driscoll (and many more) braving the front lines, with humility, boldness and preparedness for their love of Jesus and humanity.

"I will build my Church and the gates of Hell will not prevail against it."
Matthew 16:18

To hear a great debate on the existence of Satan, go to "Nightline Face-Off- Does Satan Exist?" on YouTube. This gives you an idea of where the Church and society are headed.


Comments