I just LOVE to laugh. Last night, we were cozy on our bed watching "The Beverly Hillbillies" reruns with our oldest...the one that is taller than me...better looking than me...better with directions than me...SO many other 'better than Me's , he is :) Anyway, he LOVES the Hillbillies, Sanford & Son, and any other silly humor that I don't really find too amusing right off the bat. However, watching them with him is pretty amusing...except my eyes aren't usually on the TV, but on his captivated face with the crooked smile as every small muscle, slowly builds to a crescendo of loud laughter. An escaping hiss of breath here or there is quickly lassoed until the glorious punch line. I have video taped him watching comedy before. The change of expressions on his face are more entertaining than most anything else on the evening's program. Then there is the inevitable repeating of the line, only milliseconds after we have all heard it...who said kids are no good at narration?! Kids are cool. I think I'll look for a boxed set of Newhart, Carol Burnett or some other for him for Christmas...or maybe I'll buy it for me :)

Comments

Ah the repeating of the line... Cory does that. Loudly. Which means he doesn't hear the next line, loses the flow of the conversation, and is bugging me to tell him what's going on two seconds later.

And that's my HUSBAND, I can't imagine what our children are going to be like!