My Kinda Bling




I've REALLY got the shopping bug for some reason. I guess spring reminds me of fresh, pretty, new things and I want to go get some. Just so you don't think I'm completely all Birkenstock and drab, dark and practical, I thought I'd post a few things I consider beautiful and have a virtual shopping spree :)


I love hats...
...and more hats. These are very practical too on those bad hair days, but that's just an extra
(I can't help my practical self).


I love this...I may have my fall knitting project picked out already.


Thumb rings are awesome. I had a chronic scab on my thumb. I wouldn't leave it alone to heal, so I got a thumb ring to cover it and protect it from my constant picking. It healed and now I'm a believer...in beautiful thumb rings.


Being someone who has a strong aversion to hair hanging in her face, head scarves are a welcome friend and come in SO many great textures and colors. I just have to figure out how to keep the elasticy ones from popping off the top of my head.


Neck scarves...mmm...nice. I reeaaallly like covering my neck. Not sure why...too many zerberts as a child maybe?

This whole thing is just perfect. Comfy, colorful, tailored tunic, ...casual jewelry...jeans...is the hippie in me showing??


Chunky, stone bling...mmmmm.

I've loved silver since childhood...simple dangly silver.



Wouldn't I be the most fashionable pray-er in church wearing these??!! Sorry, I know we are supposed to keep our eyes closed when we pray...but they are great bracelets ;)



...and finally, the most important bling accessory is...a sincere smile. I think it is illegal for models to smile these days. I guess people relate better to pouting, dark eyed, rib bearing millionaires?? Bring the smile back!! It just makes everyone in the room feel better!

"Your adornment must not be merely external...but let it be the hidden person of the heart, with the imperishable quality of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is precious in the sight of God."
1 Peter 3:3 & 4



Comments