Terraroma!!



After decades of realizing that I am not an athlete, nor a singer, which seems to be what most of those around me are, I have accepted that God planted a love of beauty deep inside of me. This love leaks out in creating visually beautiful things. At the ripe old age of forty, I painted my first picture. Still loving it, I get to pour my passion onto a canvas and then let my eyes feast on beauty...unless I hate it, then I get to throw more color on it to cover and start again...that's fun too.

Another fun thing I have discovered to create beauty are these necklaces. I've always loved terra cotta...anything earthy like that attracts me...wood, rocks, earth, leaves...all of it. With the essential oil fad in full swing right now, creating these sculpted little artworks with the pleasure of beautiful, euphoric scents has been another joy and release for me this year. They've made beautiful gifts and now, I am able to share them with many others by selling them and popping them in the mail for shipment. Such a fun little venture!

"But thanks be to God, who always leads us as captives in Christ’s triumphal procession and uses us to spread the aroma of the knowledge of him everywhere. For we are to God the pleasing aroma of Christ among those who are being saved and those who are perishing."
2 Corinthians 2:14-15

After Paul realizes that he "went the wrong way" and corrected his direction, He praises God for always using him, through Jesus victory, to spread the knowledge of God to the world...even when we mess up. I love these verses. When we spread the knowledge of Him, we are a sweet aroma of Christ to the world...a stench to those perishing. I desire nothing more than to please God and to make His true character known to the world. His character is being tarnished, lied about, so much in the church today. A false God is being portrayed and we need to get back to the truth about who He is, what He is like and what He requires of us. What a beautiful scent we are to Him when we do this! 

I have a better understanding now of the significance of the burnt offerings of the old testament, good and bad. The sense of smell is designed by God, for pleasure, for Him. Every time I catch a whiff of the oils I put on my necklace, I remember to spread the true knowledge of God to the world, through my behavior and words, so He can enjoy the sweet aroma, to please Him. 

A little spiritual twist to a simple piece of clay and oil...jewelry. Just me, always thinking about the "big picture". Just can't seem to leave anything on the ground, but have to pick it up and relate it to Jesus...to share it with Him somehow. Otherwise, it feels like I'm just wasting time...redeeming nothing. Oh how I love "for His name's sake" in everything I do!

Be a sweet aroma to the Lord!

The leather cording is adjustable for any length you want.
The charms are easily interchangeable and can be used without the cording to set an your desktop or car dash for close diffusing.












     
              
 





Message me if you are interested in any of these.
$15 for necklaces
$5 for extra charms (good for variety, desktop or car dash)





    

Comments