The Clock Master

Related image

Seasons are good. They are a kind of change that is good. Being someone who loves change, but realizing that faithfulness is better, I cling to the changes that are meant to be...like the seasons. Fresh then dirty Spring turns to Summer. Warm then busy Summer turns to Fall. Cozy then dead Fall turns to Winter. Pure then depressing winter turns again to Spring. Faithful AND changing...my need for mixing it up thanks you. It's good to realize that life has it's seasons too. Each one is meant for good and we shouldn't fight to stay in one or the other.

When life goes on too regular and predictable, I get sort of annoyed...itchy...almost tortured. I try to shake my head hoping that I'll see something different afterward. Changing the furniture around helps. Painting walls a new color, hair cut, day trip, anything to stimulate my mind out of it's sameness. When life changing news comes, good or bad, it seems to jump start my soul. I can breathe again. It's strange to me and I'm still trying to figure it out. A routine is comforting and I am mostly a planner, but occasional spontaneity is like cold water to the face when I am panicking from stillness.

I'm so glad for the verse "This too shall pass". I'm thankful for time...past, present and future. It's good to hold memories, wonderful to experience the present but even better to look forward to the future. With all that has happened and all that I am still going through, good and bad, I know my story will end well. The end of time will not be the nightmare movies are made of.

 "All things work together for good for those that love Him and are called according to His purpose" Romans 8:28

That makes the pages ok...fearless. I do worry about people I love...how their story will end, but that is out of my control, so I pray. Time is a gift and there is a time for everything under the sun. It moves forward on it's own, sun and moon in hand. We won't get stuck and it's not a race. The times are in His hands...safe and strong. How comforting to know we are being carried along by time unstoppable and divine! Knowing that nothing here will last, is good. The bad is temporary and the good will only be exchanged for better! The seasons and life events starting and stopping reminds me of this and I am grateful. Change can be very good if it is anchored in the Truth. An unchanging God that leads me through the changing seasons of life. Reliability and diversity wrapped together.

I'm not one of those people who says "where has the time gone!" or "they grew up too fast!". No...it seems like life is long and I'm always rushing to the next thing. I really want to stop this time urgency I struggle with. It's a stress I bring on myself....for no great reason. Yes, winter can seem to go on forever some years, but it always ends in spring, over and over again. It's true...the more years you live...the more winters you see come to an end...the easier it gets to wait it out. 

God always gives His children what they need and often what they enjoy too. He is a good Father!

He makes all things beautiful...in His time.

Comments